Your team has been asked to test and document enhancements to a web application that allows buyers to purchase custom-printed canvas shoes. The tasks and dependencies are as follows:
Once the testing plan is ready, your team can:
- Test the user interfaces
- Test the database
- Test the network
- Write the documentation first draft
When the user interface tests are complete, you can:
- Perform user testing—enlist some users to test the user interface
When the database and network testing are complete, you can:
- Perform integration testing—network with the database
When the user testing of the user interface and the database testing are complete, you can:
- Perform integration testing—database, network, and user interface
When all integration testing and user testing are complete, you can:
Then you can:
- Review and revise documentation
After all other tasks are complete, you can:
- Obtain management approval
Duration estimates for the tasks: a. 3 days b. 10 days c. 6 days d. 7 days e. 20 days f. 5 days g. 3 days h. 2 days i. 8 days j. 4 days. 5 days
- Create a network diagram and a Gantt chart for the project tasks. Ask your instructor if you are permitted to use software such as Microsoft Project to help you prepare your diagrams.
- What is the planned duration for the testing project?
- What is the critical path for the testing project?
- For each task NOT on the critical path, calculate the amount of slack available.
- If the user testing of the user interface takes 15 days, what will the impact be on the project duration?