Since Week 1, you have been applying fundamental elements of photography to compose a photographic series in order to highlight a theme or communicate a story. This week, you compose the last photograph in your series to reflect a logical conclusion to your series. You then write an assessment of your success in communicating the theme and message or story.
Please be sure your Final Project meets the specified criteria before submitting it to the Assignment submission link and the Week 6 Discussion Board (which is where you will participate in peer critique).
To prepare for this Final Project:
Compile and include your photographic presentations from Weeks 1–4 in the Final Project photographic series template or your own PowerPoint format. Review the Milestone Assignments in the Final Project Summary to assure that you have included all elements of your project. Consider the process that you used to create each photograph in your photographic series.
By Day 7
- Compose the last photograph in your series to reflect a logical conclusion to your photographic series that communicates the theme of the message or story chosen in Week 1.
- Compile your complete 5-photograph series.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph assessment of your success in conveying the theme and message or story through your photographic series. Include answers to the following questions:
- Are there any elements of photography in your photographic series that you would change? How might this change the perception of the viewer? How might this change the message or story of the photographic series?
- What considerations did you make in respect to the process of your photographic series to influence the perception of the viewer?
- How will the viewer benefit from your photographic series?
Submit your Final Project by Day 7.
Questions about this Assignment? Post them in the Contact the Instructor area. That way, everyone in the class will see and benefit from the Instructor’s response.
In order to receive full credit, all Assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an Assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Instructor area. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the “Policies on Late Assignments” section of your Syllabus