You are also strongly encouraged to review the recommended resources, as they will help you explore the different types of evidence, as well as proper packaging and processing.
In your paper, address the following:
- Explain why it is important to secure the crime scene and provide examples.
- Identify possible ways that evidence might be contaminated.
- Identify different methods that might be necessary to document evidence at a crime scene.
- Identify different collection methods that might be used at a crime scene.
- Explain chain of custody and why it is important.
- Identify the repercussions of failure to protect evidence or establish chain of custody.
- Explain how an investigator or forensic expert differentiates between what is or is not evidence.